Is recycling good for the Earth? Follow along with Mr. Jones and his students to find out just how important it is. Mr. Jones separates his classes trash and creates their own recycling bin to let his students know how important it is to separate the two. The class then takes a field trip to the recycling plant, to learn all about the impact of not recycling and how they can help by recycling. The class is now informed and ready to help the Earth by recycling!
I had never heard of these books before, but I found out that Why Should I recycle is one of many books in a series by Jen Green and Mike Gordon that include a variety of lessons young children need to learn. The illustrations were very good and showed you the different parts of a recycling plant. I also loved how relatable this story was and how important it is for young readers. It is very important for children to learn about recycling so that they know there are consequences to not recycling, and people aren't just saying this for no reason. I also loved that the book shows the students on a field trip because many young readers have probably had field trips just like that, or they'll go into school and ask their teachers why they have not gone on one. This is a great informational book for young readers, and a series that many schools should have in the classrooms for younger grades.
Title: Why Should I Recycle?
Author: Jen Green
Publisher: Perseus Distribution
Publication Date: 2005
Publication Date: 2005
ISBN: 978-0764131554
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
No comments:
Post a Comment