Monday, December 30, 2019

Picture Book: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
Image result for if you give a mouse a cookie

It would be a very nice thing if you were to give a mouse a cookie. But if you give a mouse a cookie, then he might just ask for a glass of milk. And if you give a mouse a glass of milk, why would he stop there? Laura Numeroff's book tells the story of a little mouse who just keeps on moving from one thing to another, and it's all because you gave him a cookie.

This was another one of my favorite books growing up. It is a simple read and has great illustrations. It tells a cute story about a mouse that keeps on asking for more. Sure, some people may run with the message that you can't allow people to take advantage of you. However, I look at the mouse as being the same as a little kid. Kids can bounce from one thing to another really quickly without even realizing what they are doing. It teaches kids to learn to appreciate what they are given with a cute little story. 

Title: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
Author: Laura Numeroff 
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers
Publication Date: 1997
ISBN: 978-0064434096
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 comments:

  1. This is a classic picture book. It has the innocent perspective of a child with a fun storyline and great illustrations. I love some of the follow-up books in the series now too. If you Give a Cat a Cupcake, If you Give a Moose a Muffin, If you Give a Pig a Pancake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read and blogged about If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. I blogged about it as a fantasy book instead of a picture book though because I mean.....the mouse is doing everything that a human can do. But just like you, this was one of the books I enjoyed and read a lot as a kid. The illustrations are great and the perspective of the mouse just being the same as a little kid is new to me. I always thought of the mouse as a mouse that just had too much energy from that cookie he ate.

    ReplyDelete

Informational Text: The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body Ms. Frizzle and her class are back and this time their journey takes th...